Asana is the big player in the task management space. But Asana is not the only player in the space. And just because they’re the biggest, it doesn’t mean they’re the best. Actually, I don’t know that anyone can claim that they’re the “best” task management software because each platform might fit each business better in its own way. There are some amazing alternatives to Asana if you’re looking for someting with more features than Asana or a different layout.
Where should you look if Asana’s platform just isn’t the right fit for your business? You have options – and they can deliver the goods for your business. Here’s some impressive alternative suggestions (in no particular order):
Why Team Management Software Is So Important For Teams
Having a few spreadsheets, employee charts and an email account isn’t enough to keep your business competitive in the world of commerce. What you need is great team management software.
The key to successful team management is time management and communication. Business owners know the handling of ever-growing business activities, both online and offline, can eat up precious time. Task management software can keep your business focused on efficient use of time, help with planning, and get your business to a higher level of productivity.
With a great team management software system, you can concentrate on your core business operations instead of worrying all the time that things are slipping through the cracks. Your team management software should provide you with a way to manage your teams and tasks, help with scheduling and estimation, and track dependencies, milestones, and resources.
With this information in hand, you can make informed decisions when you need to make changes.
Task Management Software Should Fit Your Needs
When choosing task management software for your business, you first need to understand what it is your business needs. This way you can ensure that you get a tool that’s going to improve productivity without creating more work for each other. Some of the points you may want to consider when choosing management software include:
- You have access to all aspects of a project. A management system should allow you to easily integrate with the other apps your business frequently uses. This way you know you’re getting efficient tracking and monitoring of all facets of a project without having to switch constantly between apps. Big time saver!
- You can collaborate easily. Team collaboration is the backbone of most businesses. Effective management includes team collaboration software that lets you pull your dream team together and collaborate with them. If your team can’t interact without a lot of hassle, your project is probably doomed from the start.
- Sync across devices. In some instances, teams are mobile and dispersed around the globe. Effective management software should be able to track tasks and provide input using any device. Everything needs to effortlessly sync up.
- Notifications. When notifications go directly to your team members’ devices or emails, then you know everyone is getting timely updates on (sometimes) rapidly changing developments.
- Monitoring with Goals and Milestones. All of your team’s activities should be available for monitoring on your activity screen. It should allow you to set goals and milestones, as well as track completion of them.